Header Ads

“AM I STUPID?”




I don’t know how many times you have asked yourself this same question but I ask myself that same question a lot… “Am I stupid?”
Sometimes we ask that question not because we are not sure of the answer but as a form of reassessment. Sometimes it is just after we’ve fallen into something we have always thought we could never fall into.
Stupid
For instance, you are given your school fees and you wake up one morning and find out you have squandered the entire sum. Common! You have the right to ask yourself that question. Or you cheat on your wife with her best friend! You should ask yourself that question. Take a student who didn’t read for an examination because he/she was certain that a friend would help with the answers in the examination hall as another example. The said student should, as a matter of fact, ask this question.
You have the right to be stupid sometimes though you shouldn’t remain stupid. Being stupid has it’s rewards. Have you ever watched a 2-year old trying to take her first steps? It is a sight every parent loves to behold. She tries and then falls down as many times as possible before getting it right. While she is falling and staggering up again she looks stupid but in due time she perfects the art and walks on her own terms.
I recall the first time I held Nokia 3310. I was dumb-struck by the fact that I was holding a mobile phone. Just looking at me, you would know from my facial expressions that I was acting very stupidly (someone one might say I was astonished). To make matters worse, the phone vibrated and I was shocked. I threw the phone away from me in my shocked state. Now that is the height of stupidity, right?
Some folks act stupidly when they first fall in love. For some, it is their first day in school. Some act stupidly when in the midst of new faces. In a nut-shell every one of us act stupidly from time to time. Hate can make us act stupidly. Love can make us act stupidly. A crowd can make us act stupidly and loneliness can make us act stupidly. Greed can make us act stupidly so also can generosity. But the most common reason why we act stupidly is lack of confidence. Another reason is impatience. Start working on your manliness/womanliness and learn to be patient on duty and off duty.
Stupidity is a learning process. Whenever you find yourself in a position where you have to ask yourself this question “am I stupid?” don’t waste time in discovering the benefit of the action that made such a question arise. Look deep into the situation and learn from it. The answer to all questions lies in the questions. Asking this question with purpose infers we have actually done something that isn’t probably right and we are trying earnestly to correct any anomalies. So the first thing I think you should do is discover what caused you to do it and how to prevent the same scenario from recurring. A wise philosopher has placed a note of warning for us all. He said and I quote “Know thyself”. This maxim has very important significance. If you know yourself you have discovered the key to your success. In economics there are three important questions every businessman/woman must ask. These are:
1. What to produce
2. When to produce
3. Where to produce
Answer this questions and you have created a business. Likewise, to become successful, in any undertaking, it is therefore pertinent that one must ask oneself a variety of questions and one of these questions is “Am I stupid?”

....

No comments

Powered by Blogger.