Header Ads

LAI’S DIARY





It was bright morning on a raining day. I’m going Ihome because I’ve spent the last one monthswith my parents. No word can describe how I will feel when I finally get to meet my mum and dad.

 I'm in the bus right now, sitting behind the driver with his stinking elbow poking my face. The man is too fat that I can barely breath. The bus gear is sandwich between my laps like a lady under duress. Even though I’m comfortable right now, I pray I don’t die before getting home.
I think the bus is full but all the seats are unoccupied. The conductor have ushered many people in before I came in. We should be moving now.
The worms in my stomach are rebelling. I can feel them digging through my lungs. I’m seriously hungry even after eating three hundred naira rice from the nearby buka – everything I ate seems not enough to placate the ungrateful worms and it was not until the driver refilled the bus bank that I felt eased and satisfied. It was as if the bus was running on my blood.
We soon hit the road with the bus running like its on jet engine. It took us three hours to get to Ife from Ibadan. The bus driver was too fast I thought he must have been a pilot in his previous life.
We finally arrived Ibadan – traffic free – after spending like forty minutes in the in traffic jam. I alight out of frustration even though we were not yet at our destination. The bus was still on motion when I hopped back in before deciding to trek back to board another bus at Ife. I was beyond frustrated.
I did change my mind though as I had better things to do where I’m going. For now, my priorities are completing the remaining episodes of teen wolf before deliberating on whether to go back to school.
I decided to concentrate on trekking, walking my way from Iwo road to Guru Maharaji. I remember I was actually going to Lagos. So I hopped on the next trailer I saw. The driver didn’t even notice I was there but we spoke.
Focusing mainly on Jonathan going to Tanzania to referee their election andnthe fact that Chelsea already won the British Premier League. Yhw driver did not argue cos we didn’t spoke at all.
His trailer did took me to Lagos. Driving approximately 250km per hour. We arrived Lagos the next day even though we could have arrived late but for my ingenious advice and counsel which safe the driver five hours of ‘snail driving’ in traffic. Over all, it was a joyous ride.
The sky was clear when I step foot in Lagos even though heavy rain and thundrclaps still ring behind the scene. I decided to ignore it. After all, it’s already raining.
Shit! I forgot my phone charger. I have to trek back to Ife to get it. Hopefully I will arrive Lagos before daybreak.
For now, I need to find roasted corn before I die of thirst.

....

No comments

Powered by Blogger.